utu previous year question papers
uttarakhand technical university
b.tech 4th sem (2013-2014)
sub: microprocessor and its applications
Q1: Attempt any four parts:
- Give a short note on evolution of microprocessor.
- Draw the basic block diagram of microprocessor and explain the function of each block in brief.
- Explain all types of semiconductor memories in brief.
- Discuss the organization of semiconductor memory and advantages and disadvantages of SRAM over DRAM.
- Explain the sequential and parallel types of memory with the help of suitable example.
- Draw and explain the timing and control unit.
- Draw the basic arhtiecture of 8085 microprocessor.
- Explain the pin diagram of 8085 microprocessor.
- Explain the various addressing modes of 8085 microprocessor.
- Explain the following instruction of 8085 microprocessor.
a) ADI data
b) LXI B, 02H
- Write and assembly language program for te addition of two decimal numbers using 8085 microprocessor.
- Draw the timing diagram of memory read cycle in 8085 microprocessor.